Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Stephen Midgley 2 QMI, Bushveldt Carbineers and Roystons Horse

Stephen Midgley 2 QMI, Bushveldt Carbineers and Roystons Horse 5 years 3 months ago #19860

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 552
Stephen

There is a short account of Royston's Horse in the book 'The Volunteer Regiments of Natal and East Griqualand' by Col G T Hurst (1945). If you pm your e-mail address to me, I will send you a scan of the page.

Regards
Brett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Stephen Midgley 2 QMI, Bushveldt Carbineers and Roystons Horse 5 years 2 months ago #20591

• Stephen Midgley
  • Stephen Midgley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks again Frank, greetings David. I have been to the National Archives website and there are some 167 boxes of data on SAMI in WO 126 - all undigitised. I suspect that a personal visit might be the best solution. I have been unable to locate information on Royston's Horse at the National Archives. Would these records be in South Africa?
Regards

Stephen Midgley 2 QMI, Bushveldt Carbineers and Roystons Horse 5 years 2 months ago #20592

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 552
There are eight files dealing with Royston's Horse in the Pietermaritzburg Repository of the SA National Archives. They date between 1906 and 1909 after the Rebellion was over and deal with issues such as payment to repatriate a New Zealander, compensation for the next-of-kin of a KiA and other such issues. None refer to Stephen Midgeley.

Regards
Brett

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.499 seconds