TOPIC:

George West - Royal Artillery 3 years 4 months ago #73938

• StephenWest
  • StephenWest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello Frank
I had rather discounted WO363 and WO364 because I thought they were soldiers who had signed up specifically for the 1914-18 war. In my grandfather's case, although he did serve in WWI, he was in the Royal Artillery continuously from 1898 to 1923. So I thought his records would have ended up somewhere else (currently unknown!) Maybe it's worth giving those records a thorough search, though, seeing as they have at least been digitised. It's a pity he chose the name George West (and generally just G. West) as there are quite a few!
Regards
Stephen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

George West - Royal Artillery 3 years 4 months ago #73939

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
If his service was continuous until 1923 you would certainly expect them to be there if they remain extant, it would depend upon the date they were last looked upon by the War Office, but, sadly the wretched Luftwaffe made an intervention which means the vast majority were destroyed.

StephenWest wrote: Hello Frank
I had rather discounted WO363 and WO364 because I thought they were soldiers who had signed up specifically for the 1914-18 war. In my grandfather's case, although he did serve in WWI, he was in the Royal Artillery continuously from 1898 to 1923. So I thought his records would have ended up somewhere else (currently unknown!) Maybe it's worth giving those records a thorough search, though, seeing as they have at least been digitised. It's a pity he chose the name George West (and generally just G. West) as there are quite a few!
Regards
Stephen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.326 seconds