Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Researching a grand uncle who served 1899 -1902 in 2nd Boer War 3 years 9 months ago #70348

• SucheTS_e9rf
  • SucheTS_e9rf's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Yes I do have most of that info But maybe missed the info on Doyle's Scouts "On the Doyle's roll, he is shown as serving from 23/5/02 to 31/5/02 (WO100/293)" I will Check that.
I also found his image you included in your reply but I do appreciate it. Maybe because I'm not familiar with all the abbreviations included in the images. So thanks again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Researching a grand uncle who served 1899 -1902 in 2nd Boer War 3 years 9 months ago #70349

• SucheTS_e9rf
  • SucheTS_e9rf's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Yes have the Attestation papers on him only info I could not find was reference to him with Doyle's other than the image below
Attachments:

Researching a grand uncle who served 1899 -1902 in 2nd Boer War 3 years 9 months ago #70372

• jim51
  • Thank you received: 104
You have an interesting project there.
I have two slightly different copies of the Doyle’s Scouts medal rolls.
It appears that he served from 21/04/01 to 22/05/02 & 23/05/02 to 31/05/02.
One roll has the KSA crossed out and the other has it crossed out and noted ‘yes’.
If you pm me your email address I can send the pages. The files will be too large to attach here as one of the rolls has 2 x a3 pages per page. What I mean here is that the page is displayed as 2 x a3 pages.

Cheers,
Jim

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.407 seconds