Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Introduction 9 years 2 months ago #25550

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4561
Kim,

It would seem that you are in luck, David's service papers are available either online at FindMyPast or at the National Archives.

WALLACE DAVID 1873 — 1893 British Army Service Records 1760-1915 Gateside, Strathmeglo, Fife, Scotland

Good luck!
David
Dr David Biggins
The following user(s) said Thank You: kim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Introduction 9 years 2 months ago #25553

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
His actual service in South Africa, from the 6th of December 1901 to the 30th of July 1902, although, short, might well, doubtless have been quite intense indeed, the end game played out in the Transvaal was often brutal, he gave his next of kin, as his brother, James Wallace, of 3 Stanley Place, Abbeyhill, Edinburgh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kim

Introduction 9 years 2 months ago #25592

• kim
  • kim's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you David and Frank! I've pulled all the information that both of you listed. What a great help you have been! Its very interesting to see that David Wallace had been in the military from 1893-1905 (listed on his military history sheet). You helped me find his brother's name- I can't thank you enough :D. Oh, and LinneyI, I ordered two copies of the Royal Highland Medal Rolls- one of me and one for the owner of the medal (I've never met him but will surprise mail it to his mother, whom I've not met either). At least he can have it, along with the actual medal, for future generations. Back to my search....

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.804 seconds