Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

New Member Introduction - from Canberra, Australia 9 years 3 months ago #25258

• BASearching
  • BASearching's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Well Frank, I am a victim of my own understating.

There is no doubt that Aquila is my relative and he served in the ILH and KH. Further, the evidence shows he had joined 3NSWIB as Alfred. I am not sure I have seen all 8 references you mention and I note that Aquila did not mention the NSWIB when attesting to the ILH, but subsequently noted it when joining KH.

Thanks again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Member Introduction - from Canberra, Australia 9 years 3 months ago #25260

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
He certainly could not mention his service in the 3rd NSWIB upon joining the 1st Imperial Light Horse as he HAD NOT served in the 3rd NSWIB at that point in time!

New Member Introduction - from Canberra, Australia 9 years 3 months ago #25261

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Look I don't come on here to shoot a line or spin a ripping yarn, if you don't want to believe your own relatives service in the Anglo Boer War, that is entirely up to you, but, you would, in my opinion, be doing him a great injustice, Booth served in the 1st ILH with the number 2361, THEN AND ONLY THEN in the 3rd New South Wales Imperial Bushmen, number 2286 and THEN in the Kimberley Horse, number 380.
He was very clearly "up for it" notwithstanding his prior life in Australia, what he did, or indeed, what he might have done, he was there, on the veldt, serving his King, he would doubtless have completed his service in the Kimberley Horse, but, as already stated, the war ended and the regiment was disbanded.

Supplementary of WO100/255, even on it's own, is very clear indeed, the reference to the Kimberley Town Guard is not Booth, but, the next man.

Attachments:

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.465 seconds