Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Images from 'On the Transvaal border' published by W H Gill, 1900 10 months 1 week ago #90289

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4527
Thank you for that link, pfireman. I have enjoyed browsing that site this morning. A vey useful link to know,
Dr David Biggins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Images from 'On the Transvaal border' published by W H Gill, 1900 10 months 1 week ago #90301

• pfireman
  • Thank you received: 38
Some of my favorites from the DRISA site are of the Okiep / Port Nolloth area and the several pictures of the famous locomotive.
I saw your Cape Copper Company Defense Medal and other material in the Wikipedia Article on the topic. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Copper_Company_Medal_for_the_Defence_of_O%27okiep

There are several more pictures on the DRISA site. The DRISA URL's are not transferring over very well but I'll try.

Springbok district. 'Pioneer' locomotive used during Anglo-Boer War to send a truck loaded with dynamite into O'Kiep.
https://atom.drisa.co.za/index.php/springbok-district-pioneer-locomotive-used-during-anglo-boer-war-to-send-a-truck-loaded-with-dynamite-into-okiep

“The Pioneer from Concordia”
Springbok district. 'Pioneer' locomotive used during Anglo-Boer War to send a truck loaded with dynamite into O'Kiep. - Atom site for DRISA
[url=Springbok district. 'Pioneer' locomotive used during Anglo-Boer War to send a truck loaded with dynamite into O'Kiep. - Atom site for DRISA]Springbok district. 'Pioneer' locomotive used during Anglo-Boer War to send a truck loaded with dynamite into O'Kiep. - Atom site for DRISA[/url]

Dordrecht, 1902. Engine buried 25 feet deep for 8 days before dug out by 100 boys.
atom.drisa.co.za/index.php/dordrecht-190...-dug-out-by-100-boys [/url]

Thanks again for this survey of Mr. Gill's Book.
Payton Fireman
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.600 seconds