Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The ABW's site 14th birthday 5 years 4 months ago #61390

• David Grant
  • Thank you received: 315
Every day is a learning day - Thankyou or this site. More particularly the ability to banded together a collegiate group of people willing to ask questions, give of their knowledge & share their treasures is a rare talent & this site ably displays this talent.
Looking for Salutries, Salootries and Veterinary Duffadars.
I collect primarily QSAs to Indian Recipients.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The ABW's site 14th birthday 5 years 4 months ago #61394

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1873
Congratulations and Thank You David for starting and running this site...…. The many years that I have been a follower / member has brought me knowledge, friendship and in some cases humour..... I hope that You and We have many many more fantastic years...…

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

The ABW's site 14th birthday 5 years 4 months ago #61402

• davidh
  • Thank you received: 234
Congratulations David and many thanks for the amount of seriously hard work you've put in on the site over the years.

David

The ABW's site 14th birthday 5 years 4 months ago #61412

• Charl
  • Thank you received: 32
Congratulations and a huge "Thank You", David, for all the work put into this site. The wealth of knowledge contained herein is staggering. My favourite site on the internet.

The ABW's site 14th birthday 5 years 3 months ago #61466

• BereniceUK
  • Thank you received: 2294
Congratulations and many thanks for all you've done to keep the site going, David. It's given me the incentive to travel around the UK, and I've had a lot of enjoyment courtesy of this site.

The ABW's site 14th birthday 5 years 3 months ago #61507

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
I think the site is a remarkable achievement, although as a relatively new member, I had not realised it was fourteen years old, I actually found it by accident, whilst looking for something else, around six years ago now.

djb wrote: Today marks 14 years since the site was established.

In the last year, the site has recorded 744,969 pageviews and 107,949 unique users. The average duration on the site 4 minutes, 6 seconds. There are over 400 users per day. There have been over 3 million hits to the site in the year.

In volume order, users come from the UK, SA, USA, Australia, Canada, NZ, Ireland, France, India and Holland. We have one user in Mongolia.

The majority of visitors come to the site only once. Of the 190,800 sessions, 23,600 were from visitors who came to the site more than 200 times during the year.

The forum is a popular area of the site and how has over 58,000 posts. My grateful thanks go to the forum's moderators who keep the posts focused on topics of interest to members.

The most important aspect of the site, in my opinion, is not the metrics but the members without whom the site would be nothing. The willingness of members to help others, share their research, experience and knowledge, transcribe memorials and post pictures from a wide variety of sources and distant places is wonderful. Thank you for making the site what it is.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.997 seconds