Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Capt. Reginald Cathcart, KRRC - where's the Green Hill obelisk, Colenso? 5 years 7 months ago #60382

• TomP-C
  • TomP-C's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
I wish I could pull off that look in photos. Thanks for this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Capt. Reginald Cathcart, KRRC - where's the Green Hill obelisk, Colenso? 5 years 7 months ago #60383

• TomP-C
  • TomP-C's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you very much, Frank Kelly. Your answer, confirming his interment at Wynne Hill, combined with SWB's description of his location may solve the problem entirely. Forgive me as a newcomer to the Boer War (I live in the research world of the two world wars) but... what is Watt? Is it possible to cite the precise phrase where it says he was interred there? Many thanks indeed for your help.

Capt. Reginald Cathcart, KRRC - where's the Green Hill obelisk, Colenso? 5 years 7 months ago #60391

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
You are welcome, In Memoriam, by Steven Watt, is a roll of honour for the Imperial Forces who served in the Anglo Boer War, published by the University of Natal, Pietermaritzburg, in 2000, it is merely an A to Z of fatalities and lists the place of interment, where known, for the same.

TomP-C wrote: Thank you very much, Frank Kelly. Your answer, confirming his interment at Wynne Hill, combined with SWB's description of his location may solve the problem entirely. Forgive me as a newcomer to the Boer War (I live in the research world of the two world wars) but... what is Watt? Is it possible to cite the precise phrase where it says he was interred there? Many thanks indeed for your help.

The following user(s) said Thank You: TomP-C

Capt. Reginald Cathcart, KRRC - where's the Green Hill obelisk, Colenso? 5 years 7 months ago #60393

• Elmarie
  • Thank you received: 950
Monument to King's Royal Rifles - Wynne Hill Cemetery

Elmarie Malherbe
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank Kelley, TomP-C

Capt. Reginald Cathcart, KRRC - where's the Green Hill obelisk, Colenso? 5 years 7 months ago #60399

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
A very typical memorial of the period and a most interesting photograph, I wonder when it was taken?

Elmarie wrote: Monument to King's Royal Rifles - Wynne Hill Cemetery

The following user(s) said Thank You: TomP-C

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.669 seconds