Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

DNW 11 - 12 Dec 13 10 years 5 months ago #15814

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1881
Hi Frank.....

Oh I understand the economics of it but I still feel that some of the charges that they hit you with are over the top..... The Highest Possible Shipping Charges..... The VAT, which we have in the form of GST but if it is being sent out of the country you do not have to pay the GST charge..... And now this new charge that ebay is putting on items from the USA is going to kill that one as well..... I looked at a South African Badge from the US the other day and the item cost $70.00 the shipping was $20.00 and the new Global Shipping Program which they are telling US sellers that they have to add to the total was an additional $35.00, so therefore the badge jumped to $125.00 nearly double......

I would prefer to deal with other collectors one on one......

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DNW 11 - 12 Dec 13 10 years 5 months ago #15816

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
LOL so you just want to pay a fair price for good honest material!

QSAMIKE wrote: Hi Frank.....

Oh I understand the economics of it but I still feel that some of the charges that they hit you with are over the top..... The Highest Possible Shipping Charges..... The VAT, which we have in the form of GST but if it is being sent out of the country you do not have to pay the GST charge..... And now this new charge that ebay is putting on items from the USA is going to kill that one as well..... I looked at a South African Badge from the US the other day and the item cost $70.00 the shipping was $20.00 and the new Global Shipping Program which they are telling US sellers that they have to add to the total was an additional $35.00, so therefore the badge jumped to $125.00 nearly double......

Mike

DNW 11 - 12 Dec 13 10 years 5 months ago #15817

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1881
Don't we both.....

I do not mind paying a premium for something that I want but I will not pay usry ....

Mike

Frank Kelley wrote: LOL so you just want to pay a fair price for good honest material!

QSAMIKE wrote: Hi Frank.....

Mike

Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

DNW 11 - 12 Dec 13 10 years 5 months ago #15818

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Mike,
It is not as much fun as it used to be for me, the internet has brought about many changes, some bad, some good.
Regards Frank

DNW 11 - 12 Dec 13 10 years 5 months ago #15822

• David Grant
  • Thank you received: 350
Just for interest. I have been able to confirm lot 966 is a silver medal rather than a bronze medal that is more usual. This makes it one of the silver medals to an Indian that was initially issued in bronze but later re-issued in silver as discussed in my thread on Medals to Indians of the Contingent to South Africa.
Looking for Salutries, Salootries and Veterinary Duffadars.
I collect primarily QSAs to Indian Recipients.

DNW 11 - 12 Dec 13 10 years 5 months ago #15823

• JustinLDavies
  • Thank you received: 121
David,

For your records, did you see this bronze QSA which is coming up at Reeman Dansie on 28 November?

Queens South Africa medal in bronze - no clasp, named - S P Rab Nawaz 28 Rg
Estimate:
£100 - £150

Justin

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 1.029 seconds