Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

South African War Veterans Association 1899-1902 Badges 8 months 3 weeks ago #91320

• dunnboer
  • Thank you received: 363
This may be of interest. Rules of the South African War Veterans' Association, London (H.Q.) Branch belonging to Pte Alfred Higginbottom, Middlesex Regiment, recalled to the colours in November 1899 and served through the Boer War earning the QSA with clasps Cape Colony, Orange Free State, and Transvaal, Tugela Heights, Relief of Ladysmith and Laings Nek and KSA with date clasps.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Elmarie, Neville_C, azyeoman, Moranthorse1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

South African War Veterans Association 1899-1902 Badges 8 months 3 weeks ago #91321

• Moranthorse1
  • Thank you received: 764
Neville, I recognise the name of Major Acraman DCM as a man who served with the Grenadier Guards at Belmont and Modder River. His rank was Colour Sergeant during the conflict. He wrote a very detailed "Letter From the Front" which was published in the British press.
A very appropriate gentleman to be at the forefront of that meeting.

Paul, I wonder where the flag of the Worcesters is now?

Cheers Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neville_C

South African War Veterans Association 1899-1902 Badges 4 months 2 weeks ago #93150

• Neville_C
  • Thank you received: 1992
Something a bit different ....

The Warrington Branch of the South African War Veterans' Association commissioned beer mats as part of the 1953 Coronation Day celebrations.

"HERE'S HEALTH UNTO HER MAJESTY / ER / FROM / BOER WAR VETERANS / WARRINGTON BRANCH"

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elmarie, Rory, dunnboer, azyeoman, Moranthorse1, Sturgy

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 1.442 seconds