Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The Scottish Cyclist Company 7 years 8 months ago #47708

• Baden Powell
  • Thank you received: 34
David
I have about 500 to 600 " painful memories " like that. I only kept a few paper items and a fabulous Anniversary Present my wife gave me. A fully carved stock Enfield Carbine carried by an Imperial Yeomanry chap. Some day I will provide some photos. ( When I learn how. )
James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Scottish Cyclist Company 7 years 8 months ago #47709

• SWB
  • SWB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 451
Thanks for the clarification David.

I just acquired the QSA 14 Trio to Pte 7609 W Banner Scottish CC later Sgt ASC with 1st Indian Cavalry Corps.

These guys were from Volunteer Battalions and they have papers on FmP - hence my query.

Mike - I am guessing your man was from a Volunteer Battalion? All Volunteer Battalion men who volunteered for the war - whether with their parent regiment or a unit like the Cyclists were renumbered - typically starting with a 7, although it varies between regiments.

James - I saw Linton's group when checking DNW last night - extremely nice. You may be sad it is gone, but at least you had the pleasure of owning it.

Regards
Meurig
Researcher & Collector
The Register of the Anglo-Boer Wars 1899-1902
theangloboerwars.blogspot.co.uk/
www.facebook.com/boerwarregister

The Scottish Cyclist Company 7 years 8 months ago #47712

• Baden Powell
  • Thank you received: 34
Meurig
Thank you for the comment. Sad but wonderful to see your children making their way out in the world. Will they gladden another collectors heart? I watch out for " my children " so that I may relive the enjoyment of finding them. This always recalls the fun filled days traveling about in the little country villages. Of course those obtained from a List were not as much fun. James
The following user(s) said Thank You: BereniceUK

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.572 seconds