Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Jameson Raider and Boer War 4 years 8 months ago #65346

• Droocoo
  • Droocoo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you Frank, I did not have either one of those pieces of information before. I think it is strange how they would list his address as his holiday house on an official roll?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jameson Raider and Boer War 4 years 8 months ago #65347

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Well, there would certainly be no point in the BSA Company sending any correspondence, medal/clasp and so forth to a particular address if he was not actually residing there, but, I only suggested that it may have been a summer retreat, it might have been the case that it was not.

Droocoo wrote: Thank you Frank, I did not have either one of those pieces of information before. I think it is strange how they would list his address as his holiday house on an official roll?

Jameson Raider and Boer War 4 years 8 months ago #65349

• DocCJ
  • Thank you received: 22
Hello, Frank

I downloaded WO100/77 from the National Archives sometime ago and have been through it a couple of times. Can you help by pointing me to the right page, please, as I haven't been able to find the reference to Pepys shown in your photo (and more importantly for me a similar entry for my grandfather, James Joseph Smith!). It's such a big document, that I must have missed it, if you're sure this comes from WO100/77.
Much appreciate any wisdom you can impart!

Best regards

Chris

Jameson Raider and Boer War 4 years 8 months ago #65350

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Sadly, WO100/77 is only partially available on line, so the chances are you will not have missed it.
The best thing to do, is obtain a reader ticket, order the volume and present yourself in the reading room upon the particular day in question.

DocCJ wrote: Hello, Frank

I downloaded WO100/77 from the National Archives sometime ago and have been through it a couple of times. Can you help by pointing me to the right page, please, as I haven't been able to find the reference to Pepys shown in your photo (and more importantly for me a similar entry for my grandfather, James Joseph Smith!). It's such a big document, that I must have missed it, if you're sure this comes from WO100/77.
Much appreciate any wisdom you can impart!

Best regards

Chris

Jameson Raider and Boer War 4 years 8 months ago #65351

• DocCJ
  • Thank you received: 22
Many thanks, Frank

That little mystery solved but a new challenge begins! I tried to order it yesterday for a visit today, only to be told ('computer says') it is only available in digitised format!

Wish me luck!

Jameson Raider and Boer War 4 years 8 months ago #65368

• Droocoo
  • Droocoo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
How strange I also looked and I could not find the information? It took me ages sifting through the files last night.

Andrew

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.709 seconds