Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

9586 Pte. Samuel James Didsbury 2nd Batt. Scots Guards 5 years 8 months ago #59896

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4511
Peter,

You are very welcome. I thought it unusual that there were so many so my initial thought was there may be some duplicated in the FMP index but a search at TNA will resolve.

Good luck and best wishes
David
Dr David Biggins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9586 Pte. Samuel James Didsbury 2nd Batt. Scots Guards 5 years 8 months ago #59897

• SWB
  • Thank you received: 451
The records on FmP marked "British Army Service Records" are from the Scots Guards themselves not TNA. One is an enlistment register, the other a copy of his service papers, which if at TNA would be in class WO97 - and I don't think they are as they don't appear in FmP under that series.

Regards
Meurig
Researcher & Collector
The Register of the Anglo-Boer Wars 1899-1902
theangloboerwars.blogspot.co.uk/
www.facebook.com/boerwarregister

9586 Pte. Samuel James Didsbury 2nd Batt. Scots Guards 5 years 8 months ago #60051

• Exgregis
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Dear swc11swc2

My apologies for the delay in replying. My grandfather was Thomas, and my father the latter's son William. I've only recently started researching Samuel James. I know something of his early life, before enlisting, including his (first?) marriage to Rhoda Annie Parker. Detailsof his military record are recent acquisitions through FMP. I knew nothing about the Johannesburg police, or Edinburgh so any further details would be most welcome. I'd particularly like to know about his father (Samuel?) and mother (Sarah Ann? - don't have her maiden name). Perhaps I may be able to supply you with information in return. Best wishes Peter Didsbury

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.868 seconds