Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Roll of honour for Willesden, Middlesex 6 years 9 months ago #54264

• Elmarie
  • Thank you received: 950
Linneyl

The Commonwealth War Graves list show: Private B. Doe [973] - St Johns Ambulance [ROYAL ARMY MEDICAL CORPS] died at Ladysmith on 1900/06/22.

Elmarie
Elmarie Malherbe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Roll of honour for Willesden, Middlesex 6 years 9 months ago #54265

• LinneyI
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1537
Elmarie
Thank you for that correction. Just now, I had a look in SAFF and Pte B.Doe SJAB/RAMC does not show there either. Sometimes, Palmer misses entries. Looks like another unrecorded fatality.
Best regards
IL.

Roll of honour for Willesden, Middlesex 6 years 9 months ago #54267

• SWB
  • Thank you received: 451

LinneyI wrote: Elmarie
Thank you for that correction. Just now, I had a look in SAFF and Pte B.Doe SJAB/RAMC does not show there either. Sometimes, Palmer misses entries. Looks like another unrecorded fatality.
Best regards
IL.

Doe is on The Register (and FmP) - correct he is missed out by SAFF (and therefore Palmer and everyone else who copied SAFF blindly).

I picked him up off war memorials:
Destroyed. St John. Tablet. St John's Ambulance Brigade Clerkenwell London England
St Paul's Cathedral Crypt. Tablet. Metropolitan Corps St John's Ambulance Brigade City London England
Disappeared. Formerly Town Hall, Dyne Rd Willesden London England

Coincidentally his initial "B" is a contraction as Ian hinted at when asking if Pte W Doe Middlesex Rgt was this man. He was known as "Bertie".

Regards
Meurig
Researcher & Collector
The Register of the Anglo-Boer Wars 1899-1902
theangloboerwars.blogspot.co.uk/
www.facebook.com/boerwarregister

Roll of honour for Willesden, Middlesex 6 years 9 months ago #54268

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1879

BereniceUK wrote:

SWB wrote: It had been in the Town Hall, Dyne Rd. This building was demolished and this is when the memorial went walkabout.

The town hall was demolished in 1972; I suppose it got into the hands of a dealer, but how did it get to somewhere like Omaha? It's not something that would be taken in someone's luggage, so maybe part of a job lot of British signs and memorabilia bought up by an American dealer.

Hi Everyone.......

A friend here is a contractor and he was doing a job building an "Authentic Irish Pub"..... He sent the exact laser measurements of the interior shell to a company in the UK and they sent him back a pub kit..... Walls, beams, benches, chairs, tables...... Down to the signs, display pots, an old bicycle and even Guinness mirrors all he had to do is put it together...... A couple of things surprised me, a Military Drum funny enough it was made in Canada and a wicker covered jug marked SRD, often called Service Rum Diluted.......

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591
The following user(s) said Thank You: BereniceUK

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.541 seconds