Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Single clasp KSAs 9 years 7 months ago #22544

• rdarby
  • Thank you received: 119
You smashed me in the auction when you bought it, so yes sell it to me then we will both know where it is!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Single clasp KSAs 9 years 7 months ago #22546

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1541
Ryan
Sorry, that was not the "winnowing" I was thinking of.
Sympathy felt as deeply as the situation merits!
IL.

Single clasp KSAs 9 years 7 months ago #22548

• crypt
  • Thank you received: 180

I had this in another topic and placed it here. This is a classic example of the criteria you illustrated, with the SA1901 being earned with BSAP and issued seperately on the KSA Roll. Briefly Muil attested with II Div,BSAP, Bulawayo on 11th October 1899 and was discharged by purchase on 9th February 1901. His clasps are confirmed on the BSAP roll as well as his qualification to a KSA.
He joined the A.S.C. with the rank of Conductor on 21st July 1901 and served till 31st May 1902.

The KSA Roll is quite clear on the issue of the SA1901 which was issued in 1907 to G.O.C. Pretoria. However his service in 1901 with the BSAP entitled him to the SA1901 clasp off the KSA roll and this is noted as such.

He went on to serve with the 22nd Co. A.S.C. and the AGS Roll lists 11 men with this unit, all Conductors except Muil who is a Head Conductor.

Jon
Attachments:

Single clasp KSAs 9 years 7 months ago #22565

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Ian,
That's a superb trio, which I like for the Cape service medal as much as anything, Transkei is certainly not a common clasp and always really nice to see these days, they only seldom turn up here!
Regards Frank

LinneyI wrote: Chaps
I did'nt post the pic of the Glencross group earlier as I could not figure out where it was! Might be time for a winnowing?

Willoughby's Horse was formed in 10/1880 and the unit served in the Transkei area under Col. Wavell during the Basutoland Rebellion and also with the HQ column in Basutoland in 4/1881.
Robert Glencross enlisted in the IBC as a Company Leader on 01061900 and therein served until 10061901 until he joined the ASC. He was at first employed at the Ox Transport Depot at Pretoria and later transferred to 24 Coy ASC - serving with them up to the end of the war. His QSA was issued off the roll of the ASC and the bars off the roll of the IBC. The ASC KSA roll clearly shows the issue pf the 1901 bar only.
Regards to all
IL.

Single clasp KSAs 9 years 7 months ago #22566

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1541
Frank
According to the Forsyth roll, thirty such two-clasp CGHGSM were issued to Willoughby's Horse. And he calculates 490,in total, were awarded with that clasp combination. Forsyth rates the CGHGSM with two clasps as "scarce". The CGHGSM always struck me as a particularly well-designed example of a campaign medal.
Regards
IL.

Single clasp KSAs 9 years 7 months ago #22573

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Ian,
Yes, I like that medal, the Cape coat of arms, makes for a very attractive reverse, they are not getting any easier to find.
Regards Frank

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 1.565 seconds