Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Scary and Doubtful Items...... 10 years 3 months ago #17028

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4519
Meurig's post from a few weeks ago started me thinking about the issue of posting reviews such as these on websites. I don't know where sites stand on the issue so will investigate further.
Dr David Biggins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scary and Doubtful Items...... 10 years 3 months ago #17031

• QSAMIKE
  • QSAMIKE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1879
Hi David.....

This is what started me thinking also.....

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

Scary and Doubtful Items...... 10 years 2 weeks ago #19262

• QSAMIKE
  • QSAMIKE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1879

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: fopen(http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&appid=DavidBig-ABW-PRD-5bff6a2ad-934180e3&siteid=3&responseencoding=JSON&ItemID=181379671605&version=889&trackingid=djb023&trackingpartnercode=9): failed to open stream: Connection refused. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Scary and Doubtful Items...... 10 years 2 weeks ago #19263

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: fopen(http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&appid=DavidBig-ABW-PRD-5bff6a2ad-934180e3&siteid=3&responseencoding=JSON&ItemID=181379671605&version=889&trackingid=djb023&trackingpartnercode=9): failed to open stream: Connection refused. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Scary and Doubtful Items...... 10 years 1 week ago #19276

• david swindells
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
hello gentlemen
in response to scary and doubtful items I would like to put my point across as regards misleading sellers. I bought a medal from a well known auction site seller with 99. something positive feedback. it was described as 100% genuine. this was not the case as it had been renamed. two people confirmed this (one a regular contributor on here) so I then checked out the negative feedback. buyers could not get a response from the seller and also a number of people had sent items back and not been reimbursed. the person in question sells hundreds of items at any one time so the percentage is probably a lot of unhappy buyers plus a lot of people (like myself) who have put it down to a bad experience. I do feel that there is nothing wrong with ''naming and shaming'' crooks albeit with sufficient evidence.

Scary and Doubtful Items...... 10 years 1 week ago #19285

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4519
David,

You're right that a small percentage of a large number can still be a sizeable proportion. Were you able to resolve the matter through eBay's complaints system?

I am not terribly impressed by eBay's method for handling complaints. There is someone who sells a CD of Boer War images and this contains many pictures from this site and some colour photos that I took myself. I have been unable to convince eBay to restrict the sale of the CD on the basis that it infringes my copyright. It is not a major issue but it is frustrating.

Kind regards
David
Dr David Biggins

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.754 seconds