Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

QSAs with clasp Elandslaagte 9 years 6 months ago #23022

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Gentlemen,
I don't think condition matters too much if you are an Anglo Boer War collector actually collecting to a particular battle, it is very easy to just buy an EF specimen example of a QSA without having to spend very much money, if a person only wanted a couple of examples of every campaign medal, so not collecting a a particular war or battle, then yes, I think condition is all important.
For the Anglo Boer War, certainly, condition has never been an issue for me, it is only the recipient that matters and that is very true in particular of my regimental collection.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

QSAs with clasp Elandslaagte 9 years 6 months ago #23026

• davidh
  • Thank you received: 246

djb wrote: The QSA to Private A George, 2nd Gordon Highlanders, wounded at Elandslaagte.

Alexander George is also entitled to an IGS 1895. Just a shame the two medals have become separated over the years. His papers don't appear to have survived.

David
The following user(s) said Thank You: djb

QSAs with clasp Elandslaagte 9 years 6 months ago #23032

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4541
How interesting, David. As you say a great shame.
Dr David Biggins

QSAs with clasp Elandslaagte 9 years 6 months ago #23033

• coldstream
  • Thank you received: 214
Hello Farnk,
Yes I agree with you about the condition of the medal, it has not been an issue with me when making a purchase.
Sometimes I think a nicely toned medal adds to the history.

Paul :)

Frank Kelley wrote: Gentlemen,
I don't think condition matters too much if you are an Anglo Boer War collector actually collecting to a particular battle, it is very easy to just buy an EF specimen example of a QSA without having to spend very much money, if a person only wanted a couple of examples of every campaign medal, so not collecting a a particular war or battle, then yes, I think condition is all important.
For the Anglo Boer War, certainly, condition has never been an issue for me, it is only the recipient that matters and that is very true in particular of my regimental collection.

"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

QSAs with clasp Elandslaagte 9 years 6 months ago #23034

• coldstream
  • Thank you received: 214
Hello David,

A reunite would make this a very desirable pair ;)

Paul :)

davidh wrote:

djb wrote: The QSA to Private A George, 2nd Gordon Highlanders, wounded at Elandslaagte.

Alexander George is also entitled to an IGS 1895. Just a shame the two medals have become separated over the years. His papers don't appear to have survived.

David

"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

QSAs with clasp Elandslaagte 9 years 6 months ago #23035

• Doug
  • Thank you received: 17
Paul

We need to compare lists soon and keep an eye out when looking. I picked up a casualty to the Manchester's recently, same single bar, no other entitlements, and a reasonable price, so you might just get lucky!

Doug.
Doug Jenkins

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.576 seconds