Bhambatha statue 3 years 2 months ago #74703

• Brett Hendey
  • Brett Hendey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 740

From Maritzburg's 'The Witness', 4 February 2021

Brett
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank Kelley, pfireman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bhambatha statue 3 years 2 months ago #74707

• Rory
  • Thank you received: 2151
It's always a circus with only the clowns changing from time to time.

I have a friend, Oscar Zondi, who was a family spokesperson at the time of the 100th anniversary in 2006. I'm now not sure which "faction" he represents but will ask him what is going on....

Regards

Rory

Bhambatha statue 3 years 2 months ago #74713

• Brett Hendey
Rory, something that can be said for this controversy is that it has been going on for only five years (so far). The disagreement about the statue of King Shaka that was intended for the entrance of the international airport named in his honour is still unresolved after 10 years, while the wire mesh and bits of concrete statues of elephants intended for the N3 road entrance to Durban have, as far as I know, now been used for landfill instead. Many people now wish a similar fate for all the statues and other memorials dating from the Colonial and Apartheid eras, but our leaders would be wise to wait for a generation or two, otherwise visitors to Durban will have no such street furniture to photograph.

Regards
Brett

Bhambatha statue 3 years 2 months ago #74732

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Morning Brett,
I was interested to note the use of the phrase "legitimate heir" in your press clipping, has there been a degree pf infidelity taking place within the royal family?
Regards Frank

Brett Hendey wrote:

From Maritzburg's 'The Witness', 4 February 2021

Brett

The following user(s) said Thank You: pfireman

Bhambatha statue 3 years 2 months ago #74733

• Brett Hendey
Frank, there is a great deal that we, the hoi poloi who live in the Kingdom of the Zulu, do not know about the Zulu Royal Famil(y/ies). For example, the eldest son of the present Zulu King died recently in mysterious circumstances. There were brief mentions of a possible crime and a police investigation, but as far as I know the man simply died, was buried and it is no longer newsworthy. There was also an official denial that the Prince was heir to the throne, so evidently the Zulu Royal succession is determined by criteria other than lineage.

In this country one can suspect selective reporting (aka censorship), but that should not apply to foreign media. However, I suspect that they may be kept in line by wokes, 'black lives matter' and the widespread embarrassment about Colonialism, Apartheid and other such evils.

Regards
Brett

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.504 seconds