Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Possible Boer War Soldier 9 years 8 months ago #21466

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1537
SL
I have the WY medal rolls on my mini CD. I suggest you try and access them via your NA or by one of the ancestor-type sites. His enlistment papers and history sheet may also be extant and I understand that a visit to the Brit NA will be necessary to access them.
I really am sorry that I missed picking up your original pic and could have started my looking process earlier.
Regards
IL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Possible Boer War Soldier 9 years 8 months ago #21507

• sheehan
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 1
Sl,
Looks like we have got somewhere with this one. You can research his WW1 records for free. Just Google WW1 australian army records and click on Dossiers. You will find the Gribbin and Gribben ,
use the service no. 683 for Gribben for quicker access.As I first explained my original interest in this person was to have his grave properly identified. Even if this cannot be done, it would be great to have a memorial to him in the Echunga Cemetery, surely the least he deserves. I would like to discuss this with you and also give some more info. to you on this person. I'm not sure if I can do this in this forum but my email address is
[email protected]
Regards Sheehan

Possible Boer War Soldier 9 years 8 months ago #21579

• Torpedo13
  • Torpedo13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello Linney & Sheehan.

No problem Linney, you have been more than helpful thank you. Sheehan,
I managed to access the link you provided and download the Australian Military Records. Wow! Just amazing. We certainly have the right fellow.
I'm curious as to know why he enlisted with the Australian Army? Perhaps they offered him an exciting opportunity?

Thank you both again,

SL

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.588 seconds