• Page:

TOPIC:

Botha Family 12 years 3 weeks ago #2760

• Shells
  • Shells's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi there, my name is Colleen Shelley Muller (nee Ceronio), I am the daughter of Derek Benito Ceronio and Wilma Louise Ceronio (nee Botha). I am trying to find the history of the family. My mothers father is Louis Moll Botha, who is one of the nephews of Gen. Louis Botha, he was married to Anna Hendrina Moolman. If anyone can help with information on the Botha side or the Ceronio family, and McCullough Family who were from the farm Clifton in Mid Illovo, I would greatly appreciate it. Please email me on [email protected]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Botha Family 12 years 3 weeks ago #2770

• djb
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4541
Shelley,

Thank you for your first post and welcome to the forum.

I do not know very much at all about the genealogy of Boer famililies but other members of the forum may be able to assist you.

God luck!
David
Dr David Biggins

Re: Botha Family 12 years 3 weeks ago #2771

• Mark Wilkie
  • Thank you received: 45
Hi Shells, welcome to the ABW Forum. My great great grandfather was Rev Thomas Taylor, Anglican Vicar of Greytown. Another great great grandfather (Insp. F.A.Campbell) was the district police inspector. I know that on 11 April 1876, the Rev Thomas Taylor performed the marriage of Hugh Nourse Esq. of Prospect, Umvoti to Hendrika A Botha, fourth daughter of Louis Botha Esq. of the Orange Free State. Hendrika being a sister of Gen. Louis Botha.

Cheers,

Mark

Botha Family 10 years 10 months ago #12016

• bcbotha
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Hi Shells

I'm not sure how much help I may be but I will try find out what I can.
I am Brendan Botha, son of Linda Botha, daughter of Louis Botha, son of Philip Botha, son of Gen. Louis Botha. I have only recently built a desire and passion for my family's history, and have been researching Gen. Louis Botha (in particular) and his family. If I come across any thing, I will let you know.

Do you know who Louis Moll Botha's father was? I am in contact and will soon be meeting one of Gen. Chris Botha's desendants. Gen. Chris Botha was Gen. Louis Botha's younger brother.

Cheers
Brendan Botha

Botha Family 10 years 10 months ago #12036

• djb
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4541
Brendan,

I wanted to wecome you to the forum.

I wish you well with your research and hope you can chare what you find with us. It would be very interesting.

Best wishes
David
Dr David Biggins

Botha Family 9 years 6 months ago #23209

• RLand
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
My grandmother was Cecilia Johanna Botha, born about 1882 I assume in South Africa, and went I think as a sort of refugee to Comodoro Rivadavia, Argentina in about 1902 and died there in 1953. That is all I know. Her direct descendants live in Argentina, Scotland, England and Ireland, but no-one in South Africa to my knowledge. Joe Botha in South Africa tried to help me with research a few years ago. I have obtained "Viva os Boers! recently, to see if she is mentioned in it, but I don't think so. My mother spoke Afrikaans, but not me, so reading the book is a challenge to me to say the least.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.545 seconds