Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Medals to M Battery, RHA 3 months 3 weeks ago #93449

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1541
Azyeoman
Very nice and well done. An "M Battery Rof M" has been on my wants list for some time! The Kaplan roll has it that fifty seven Rof M entitlements listed for M Battery.T he "reservist" notation might disclose previous service. BTW, your man is not shown in the Palmer Casualty list.
Regards
IL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: azyeoman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Medals to M Battery, RHA 3 months 3 weeks ago #93450

• azyeoman
  • Thank you received: 302
Thank you. I was pleased to find one to an imperial soldier. It’s interesting that in the Medals Yearbook, there is nothing in the column for British Army for a RoM clasp. I’m unfamiliar with the Palmer Report; what is it please? Thanks for your kind assistance. Best, John

Medals to M Battery, RHA 3 months 3 weeks ago #93451

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1541
John
The Palmer Casualty roll is an alphabetical listing of British and Colonial ABW casualties; rather than the SAFF roll - which listing is by regiments. Frankly neither is perfect inasmuch as each has errors and gaps. However, they are available without having to sell the house and I refer to mine for basic info.
Always liked the RofM clasp; Plumer's men had a long slog while Mahon's lads did the lightning dash. For the latter effort, I have custody of a couple of examples to Pom Poms RA.
Regards
IL

Medals to M Battery, RHA 3 weeks 6 days ago #94879

• djb
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4530

Picture courtesy of Noonan's

QSA (3) Relief of Mafeking, Orange Free State, Transvaal (33848 Dr. G. F. Barlow. M Bty., R.H.A.);
KSA (2) (33848 Dvr: G. F. Barlow. R.H.A.);
[ Great War trio ]

George Frederick Barlow was born in Oldham in 1879 and attested for the Royal Horse Artillery in February 1899. Posted to South Africa from 17 February 1900 to 6 November 1902, he witnessed service with “M” and “O” Batteries and is recorded as a prisoner of war. Released at Sweethome on 29 January 1902, he transferred to the Army Reserve on 29 March 1907 and was discharged on 23 February 1916 following 1 year and 130 days’ active service in France.
Dr David Biggins
Attachments:

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.463 seconds