Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Thoughts on my qsa and bsac medals which i will be selling shortly? 9 years 5 months ago #23868

• NickB40
  • NickB40's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
These 2 medals will be up for sale shortly and i'm hoping to find some info on them, would appreciate any help given :)

the qsa belonged to - pte h. springham 1st essex regt 3169

the bsac has enscribed - sub-inspt j h warrington mmp

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thoughts on my qsa and bsac medals which i will be selling shortly? 9 years 5 months ago #23876

• NickB40
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Loads of views but no reply's???

background on these medals are.... 12 yrs ago my dad passed away leaving me a large military collection which over the years have been selling off, i have no militaris knowledge and have been using the forums to get rough ideas on values etc so i dont get ripped off. My dad and his mates were from south wales and always attended the arms fairs but we are going back 15 yrs so maybe someone on here might have known them.

Nick.

Thoughts on my qsa and bsac medals which i will be selling shortly? 9 years 5 months ago #23888

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1881
Hi Nick

Yes lots of views but you did not say what you are looking for......

With regards to values I could tell you one thing and another person could tell you something else..... Value is basically what someone would be willing to pay..... A large number of the older more established collectors shy away from giving values.....

Your best bet is to look at MYB and on line auction houses.....

Mike

NickB40 wrote: Loads of views but no reply's???

background on these medals are.... 12 yrs ago my dad passed away leaving me a large military collection which over the years have been selling off, i have no militaris knowledge and have been using the forums to get rough ideas on values etc so i dont get ripped off. My dad and his mates were from south wales and always attended the arms fairs but we are going back 15 yrs so maybe someone on here might have known them.

Nick.

Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

Thoughts on my qsa and bsac medals which i will be selling shortly? 9 years 5 months ago #23889

• coldstream
  • Thank you received: 214
Hi NickB40,

And a warm welcome to the forum.
Lack of replies could be the time of day, some of our members are from other parts of the world, so may be at rest :)
So is it just values you are looking for?
I dont have a Medal Year Book at hand so by experience I would say the 6 clasp QSA around the £300 mark.
The BSAC could range if I remember from £400-600 but I think a lot depends on the Regiment.
I have placed your pics at the end of your post, hope thats ok.

Cheers
Paul :)

NickB40 wrote: These 2 medals will be up for sale shortly and i'm hoping to find some info on them, would appreciate any help given :)

the qsa belonged to - pte h. springham 1st essex regt 3169

the bsac has enscribed - sub-inspt j h warrington mmp

"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."
The following user(s) said Thank You: NickB40

Thoughts on my qsa and bsac medals which i will be selling shortly? 9 years 5 months ago #23890

• coldstream
  • Thank you received: 214
Mike,

You beat me to it and of course you are correct about values, they are subjective :)

Cheers
Paul :)

QSAMIKE wrote: Hi Nick

Yes lots of views but you did not say what you are looking for......

With regards to values I could tell you one thing and another person could tell you something else..... Value is basically what someone would be willing to pay..... A large number of the older more established collectors shy away from giving values.....

Your best bet is to look at MYB and on line auction houses.....

Mike

NickB40 wrote: Loads of views but no reply's???

Nick.

"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

Thoughts on my qsa and bsac medals which i will be selling shortly? 9 years 5 months ago #23902

• NickB40
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Cheers for the replys guys!!!

Ive showed off the medals now so might just put them on ebay on a low starting bid and let whoever fight it out for them.

I spent a few hrs last doing some research and didnt get too far as ive never done a search from just names before but i'm interested in the QSA background.... I'm still unsure what the MMP stands for but it seems he wasnt of average rank?

SUB-INSPT. J.H.WARRINGTON. MMP
Attachments:

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.674 seconds