Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Young Artist/Historian - On Rimington, Raal & Rhodesiana 7 years 7 months ago #49155

• Fort Rixon
  • Fort Rixon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi All - my name is Fort Rixon and I am young artist who grew up in what seems post everything exciting. Went to school out bush, studied in the queen's city and worked in the Cape Of Storms.

Currently Living between London, Cape Town & Bulawayo mostly.

I'm very interested in Africana, particularly around Anglo-Boer War, Zulu Wars and Rhodesiana.

Creative goal is to make epic historical films about the lesser shared stories of this part of the world.

Currently researching a short film/radio project I'd like to produce around Farm Burnings and really looking to research as many stories as possible around this and outside of my own book collection.

Keen to talk to anyone who has any information/knowledge surrounding the following areas:

- Rimingtons Guides (especially around Farm Burnings in Frankfort & Kroonstat)
- Jameson Raid effect
- Soldiers from Rhodesia, Australia & New Zealand
- Sarah Raal
- Boers who fought for Zulu's and vice versa at any stage (particularly those who painted their faces black)

- Lastly would like to (if anyone was interested at all) to (audio) interview anyone with any direct connections to the anglo-boer war by virtue of relation/ancestors/relatives whatever you'd like to call it.

Also would anyone be able to tell me - There was an L Phillips wrote a book about Rimington's Guides (With Rimington); does anyone know where he was born or lived prior to the war? I know he came from UK but wasn't certain if he was of scottish or english descent.

Here is a film talking about my creative practice - vimeo.com/163614858

Looking forward to meeting and talking to you all!

Best,
Fort Rixon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Young Artist/Historian - On Rimington, Raal & Rhodesiana 7 years 7 months ago #49157

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1542
Fort Rixon
Welcome to the forum. As outlined in your first post, you certainly have set yourself a series of tasks! As far as the author of "With Rimington" is concerned, I once did a bit of digging on him and all I discovered was that his full name was "Lisle March Phillips", he lived between 1863 and 1917, was born and educated in England, was a reasonably prolific author and was widely travelled. I would imagine that a person with access to a period biographical work ("Who was Who") might be able to tell you more.
Good luck with your quests
Regards
IL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.380 seconds