Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

JOHN GAGE ROYAL DUBLIN FUSILIERS 7 years 8 months ago #48111

Hi, my first post!
I noticed a message posted 12 months ago by Brett Hendey referring to a DCM won by Colour Sergeant John Gage at Talana. John Gage is my wife's Great Uncle, her great grandfather Colour Sergeant James Gage, Royal Dublin Fusilier died of wounds following the battle of Colenso.
I have been researching the Gage family for some years and know his DCM was sold to a Militaria shop many years ago in Natal, (i think) and wondered where it had ended up?
I have the full service records for John Gage, sadly James's records were destroyed following his death.
Appreciate if someone can contact me regarding the DCM and any other information on John Gage.
Cheers
Mel Green
Melbourne
Australia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

JOHN GAGE ROYAL DUBLIN FUSILIERS 7 years 8 months ago #48113

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 740
Mel

Welcome to this forum. I will send you a Private Message with my e-mail address, so we can communicate that way. In the meantime I will contact the present owner of the Gage medals to let him know of your family link.

Regards
Brett

PS Gage's medals, both full size and miniatures, are shown on page 442 of the book 'Talana - Account and Medal Roll' by David Biggins (Token Publishing, 2012).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.356 seconds