TOPIC:

Just here to introduce my great-grandfather.... 7 years 11 months ago #46517

• Zolat
  • Zolat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi

I've been looking through some of my family photos and history over the past few weeks, as I'm stuck at home with an awful knee injury! My great-grandpa, John Hutchieson Kennedy, was in the Boer War. He was quite a remarkable man, not in terms of attaining significant rank in his army life, but in the life he lived. He was also in World War 1, went exploring in California and spent a year, or so, in New Zealand! I remember him well as he died when I was almost 8 years old. I was always fascinated by the tall, wall to wall, bookcases of documents and books he had in the tenement flat below my gran's in Glasgow's High Street. I've inherited a smidgen of his documents and some of these include some Boer War paraphernalia. Everything is original - including his diary. He had other diaries, but these were donated to two different museums. I thought I'd share some of my great-grandpa's memories with some real Boer War enthusiasts. :)

goo.gl/photos/7GJDaHkTnM1uvj5m7
. goo.gl/photos/tZiZWGHpDma6Yzdo7
goo.gl/photos/fkjTDdA672K25NpF6
goo.gl/photos/oww48RGK8AKcBbzA6
goo.gl/photos/4sEqxzSXhNQVVtSB6

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Just here to introduce my great-grandfather.... 7 years 11 months ago #46522

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 717
Welcome to this forum, Zolat. You are in a good position to add a great deal to it.
Regards
Brett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.349 seconds