• Page:

TOPIC:

ABO roll now much more searchable 2 years 8 months ago #78089

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4530
On my todo list for a long time has been the addition of the recipients of the Anglo-Boere Oorlog (ABO) to the register of names. I have finally done that today which means the names are searchable from Name Search or from the Anglo Boere Oorlog page .

There is also a link to their entry in the Forum where information on the recipient or the medal can be added in this community-managed ABO roll.

Where the recipient is listed as serving under a named commander, I have added the commander's name to the notes as there are not separate pages for each commander. To search for men under a particular commander, you could search the Notes for the commander's name.

Another result of this work has been to populate many of the Commando pages with a list of names. This won't list all the men who served in the commando, just those who applied for their medal.

As with all these lists, the ABO list is work in progress. I am aware that there are a number of men whose medal has appeared on the market but whose name is not (yet) listed. That is on the todo list too!
Dr David Biggins
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: QSAMIKE, azyeoman, goose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.374 seconds