Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Database of over 850 Tribute Medals added to the site 2 years 8 months ago #78036

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4530
A database of Tribute Medals that has been researched and compiled by Neville Constantine has been added to the site.

Over 850 Tribute Medals are listed.

The database is ordered by issuing town and lists the date issued, whether the medal was issued on departure or return, and details of the medal and recipients, where known.

The starting point to explore this database is here: www.angloboerwar.com/medals-and-awards/224-tribute-medals

This is an enormous amount of research, collated over 7 years, and I would like to commend Neville for his work and thank him for choosing to share it with us.

There are illustrations of some of the medals. If you have any details that can be added to the database or photographs of the medals, please add them to this thread . This will contribute to the continuing research into Tribute Medals.
Dr David Biggins
The following user(s) said Thank You: QSAMIKE, RobCT, BereniceUK, Neville_C, azyeoman, goose, rob carman, jan808

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Database of over 850 Tribute Medals added to the site 2 years 8 months ago #78039

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1881
Thank You Neville and David for the great amount of work that you both have done......

Here is one more to add:

www.angloboerwar.com/forum/20-tribute-me...da-welcome-home#3873

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neville_C

Database of over 850 Tribute Medals added to the site 2 years 8 months ago #78049

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4530
Mike,

I cannot take any credit for this. It is all Neville's hard work.

I am very happy that it is shared on the site as it is a major contribution of Boer War research. Hibbard's book lists 79 Tribute Medals whereas Neville has documented 866.
Dr David Biggins

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.375 seconds