Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

QSA to 7259 Cook, J.W., 1st Volunteer Coy, King's Shropshire Light Infantry 9 years 9 months ago #21015

• Gibbins
  • Gibbins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 3
He was in the Volunteer Service Company. I would very much like to find this missing medal, with four clasps as per the Roll.

The medal might be named (incorrectly) 'Cooke', as this spelling appears in one of the Roll lists for him.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

QSA to 1280 Cook, J.N., 13th (Shropshire) Coy, 5th Battn Imp Yeomanry 9 years 9 months ago #21016

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1879
Good Morning Gibbins......

Sorry not in my collection, 2 other "Cook's" though.....

Will keep eyes open.....

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

QSA to 7259 Cook, J.W., 2nd Btn King's Shropshire Light Infantry 9 years 9 months ago #21026

• Gibbins
  • Gibbins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks Mike. Note my correction to the original posting. There are two very similar Shropshire Cook(e)s - John William Cooke who served in the Imperial Yeomanry, and John William Cook (though occasionally Cooke!) who served in 2/KOSLI. The latter in fact is the one I'm after.

QSA to 7259 Cook, J.W., 2nd Btn King's Shropshire Light Infantry 9 years 9 months ago #21243

• 2li0
  • Thank you received: 15
Gibbins
I have looked through my index of QSA Medals to the Shropshire L.I., and 7259 J. W. Cook, 1st Volunteer Company K.S.L.I. is not registered in the index of known medals,
so its still out there maybe.Although his service papers are in my other index.He also listed under the roll of honor at Bridgnorth for those local who served in the Boer War.
PHIL
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.416 seconds