Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Would a few members be interested to shoot rifles from the Boer War? 1 year 10 months ago #83831

• Rob D
  • Rob D's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 776
Dear members
some years ago I organised some talks at Bisley, followed by a guest day of shooting. I've had some enquiries about another event, hence this post.
I'd intend it to be a small event, just half a day, say a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, in September.
The event would be at Bisley ( nationalshootingcentre.co.uk/bisley-ground ) and under the auspices and supervision of the Historical Breechloading Smallarms Association (HBSA, hbsa-uk.org/ ).
Guests who wanted to shoot, but who didn't have a firearms certificate would have about 30 minutes shooting a variety of rifles of their choice under one-to-one supervision. The rifles would be original Boer Mausers, Lee Enfields and Lee Metfords, their carbine variants, and Martini Enfields. We'd also likely have a display of arms, with the opportunity to examine them and discuss.
The cost for shooting guests would need to be around £10-£15 plus cost of ammunition used, which is about £1 per round. I'd need 5 or 6 shooting guests to balance the books. The target would be at 100 yards.
Observers who didn't want to shoot are also welcome, and would pay no charge.
If any forummers are also shooters and have a valid FAC and SSC, they'd be welcome to shoot at the same time, though on another target, with HBSA club members.
If anyone is interested, please PM me in the next week or so.
Rob
The past is not dead. In fact, it's not even past.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BereniceUK, Moranthorse1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Would a few members be interested to shoot rifles from the Boer War? 1 year 10 months ago #83836

• Moranthorse1
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 783
Hi Rob,
I would jump at the chance to crack some rounds off with the weapons of the conflict at this proposed event. Please count me in if you have availability.
It would be great to also meet fellow forummers who would be able to pass on their knowledge of the firearms demonstrated.
Cheers,
Steve

Would a few members be interested to shoot rifles from the Boer War? 1 year 10 months ago #83837

• Rob D
Steve,
that's good - send me a private message with your email!
Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moranthorse1

Would a few members be interested to shoot rifles from the Boer War? 1 year 10 months ago #83838

• Moranthorse1
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 783
Thanks Rob,

I have sent email address via PM. Please let me know you have received it.

Cheers Steve

Would a few members be interested to shoot rifles from the Boer War? 1 year 10 months ago #83871

• Rob D
So far, 3 people interested. As far as dates, I would suggest a Sat or Sun in September, and will ask those interested for their preference.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.880 seconds