Print

Springbokfontein is in northern Cape.  The town was renamed Springbok in 1911.

The Town Guard was in existence from the building of the blockhouses on 1 December 1901 until the attack by the Boer forces on 1 April 1902.

A net of 10 medals issued. 

Surname: 
Forename/inits: 
Regimental no: 
Rank: 
Notes: 
Search Options:
(16 Records)

 Surname   Forename/inits   Regimental no   Rank   Notes 
CowanM W WSource: WO100/285
DarringtonN GSource: WO100/285
De OlivieraJ LSource: WO100/285
DombitzerSSource: WO100/285
LoynesA JSource: WO100/285
LoynesB ASource: WO100/285
LoynesB ATrooperWounded. Springbokfontein, 1 April 1902
Source: South African Field Force Casualty Roll
LoynesH JSource: WO100/285
StewartR JSource: WO100/285
TownsendG F BSource: WO100/285
Page 1 of 2
<<First <Prev 1 2 Next> Last>>


gallery1    

 


 

© Crown copyright images reproduced by permission of The National Archives, London, England.   The National Archives give no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or fitness for the purpose of the information provided.   Images may be used only for purposes of research, private study or education.  Applications for any other use should be made to The National Archives Image Library, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 4DU, Tel: 020 8392 5225   Fax: 020 8392 5266.   

 Description                                                   Source             Pages      Size (Mb)     PDF        
 QSA and Supplementary roll pages WO100/285  1  0.7  pdficon_large
Parent Category: South African units
Category: Town Guards
Hits: 8340