Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Volunteer Company Shropshire Light Infantry – Lieutenant Bernard Head 10 years 5 months ago #15089

• howie
  • howie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi my name is Howard, am just new to forums like this i enclose my email for members who can sent me any more information and photographs of a person I am currently privatly do some research on. His name and regiment is has follows.

Volunteer Company Shropshire Light Infantry – Lieutenant B Head.

Trying to find out when he first joined up and what ranks did he go thru and any medals awarded to me.
Anything goes as it would be very helpful.
So pls email me..that's if leaving my here is ok or just leave message here and I will check as time as goes by.
If any information is found pls tell me where the source of the information came from with references dates etc.

Thanks
Howard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Volunteer Company Shropshire Light Infantry – Lieutenant Bernard Head 10 years 5 months ago #15094

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Good evening Howard,
Welcome to this forum, from a medalic point of view only, in WO100/111 and WO100/194, Head is shown with the rank of Captain, commanding the 1st Volunteer Service Company of Shropshire Light Infantry, on their main roll in volume 194 the availble folio is a "covered" one, however, his entitlement appears to be Cape Colony, Orange Free State and Johannesburg, moreover, he has, as officer commanding, signed this himself.
He is, in addition, entitled to the South Africa 1901 clasp as shown on their supplementary roll in the same volume, again, he has signed this himself.
He is also shown on the Coronation medal roll for the medal along with his senior None Commissioned Officer in the 2nd Volunteer Battalion Shropshire Light Infantry.
Again Welcome here and good luck with your research,
Kind regards Frank

Volunteer Company Shropshire Light Infantry – Lieutenant Bernard Head 10 years 5 months ago #15098

• coldstream
  • Thank you received: 214
Hello Howard,

And a warm welcome to the forum, good luck with your future research.

Paul :)
"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."
The following user(s) said Thank You: howie

Volunteer Company Shropshire Light Infantry – Lieutenant Bernard Head 10 years 4 months ago #15130

• howie
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Thanks Frank..
Do u have any details when first signed up to join army.
And u say he was a captain so have i got rank wrongly.
I know he later he became a major and too am interested in details.
Frank do u know when he went to new zealabd.
Thanks.

Volunteer Company Shropshire Light Infantry – Lieutenant Bernard Head 10 years 4 months ago #15132

• howie
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Paul, do u have any facts on him..

Volunteer Company Shropshire Light Infantry – Lieutenant Bernard Head 10 years 4 months ago #15348

• howie
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Frank, Howie here again, can u pls leave a link in where u got this information from so if possible I would like to read more abt this man Bernard, that is..
Thanks Frank..

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.884 seconds