Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

South African War, 2 SS Royal Canadian Regiment Infantry Number All Ranks 9 years 7 months ago #22154

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1873
Must be something up with my computer cannot see but will keep on trying......

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

South African War, 2 SS Royal Canadian Regiment Infantry Number All Ranks 9 years 7 months ago #22163

• Spaniard
  • Spaniard's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3

djb wrote: Thank you for this link Spaniard. I found the film quite difficult to see but it is good that this event was preserved and you certainly have a feel for what their departure was like.

Best wishes
David

Thank U Mr David, I got lucky was looking for other footage, saw 2 SS Bn. Cdn Inf., and batted an eyebrow,figured I create awareness on the footage existence.

2nd Special Service Battalion, Canadian Infantry—Parade.
On the bottom U see 3 still frames, U’ll see deference in shading, where U C, Part 1 of 1, on bottom U have 3 choices in format, I clicked on MPEG format…27 megabytes, goes to my W mediaplayer looked fine if U consider the age etc., and that it survived. Quick Time format and RealMedia I had issue with, If U know kindly disregard.

C.U.
History is not like playing horseshoes where close enough counts; those that have done the proper leg work have a responsibility to insure a detailed accurate account. Canada at War Blog: wp.me/55eja

South African War, 2 SS Royal Canadian Regiment Infantry Number All Ranks 9 years 7 months ago #22164

• Spaniard
  • Spaniard's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3

QSAMIKE wrote: Must be something up with my computer cannot see but will keep on trying......

Mike

Bonjour monsieur Mike, I’ll try to guide U in, might not Be your Comp., after all.

Link as fallows:- memory.loc.gov/ammem/edhtml/edac.html

Scroll down near the bottom to “War”

--Boer War

Click on, 2nd Special Service Battalion, Canadian Infantry—Parade.

Page opens, on the bottom U see 3 still frames, U’ll see deference in shading, where U C, Part 1 of 1, on bottom U have 3 choices in format, I clicked on MPEG format…27 megabytes, goes to my W mediaplayer. If that doesn't work U have two other formates too try.

C.U .
History is not like playing horseshoes where close enough counts; those that have done the proper leg work have a responsibility to insure a detailed accurate account. Canada at War Blog: wp.me/55eja

South African War, 2 SS Royal Canadian Regiment Infantry Number All Ranks 9 years 7 months ago #22170

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1873
Got it Thank you......

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds