Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Corporal S G H Waller, Natal Mounted Rifles & Volunteer Composite Regiment 7 years 11 months ago #46557

• Brett Hendey
  • Brett Hendey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 717
Many thanks, Brian. Many years have passed since I last saw this museum, and I wonder how it has fared since it had a curator who did not regard the Siege as part of his history.
Regards
Brett
Thanks also to Mike for reposting the pic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Corporal S G H Waller, Natal Mounted Rifles & Volunteer Composite Regiment 7 years 11 months ago #46558

• Brianc
  • Thank you received: 49
Brett

A pleasure...

Just amazing how some fools get posts in museums these days, you have first hand knowledge of that. History is history regardsless of what it was and that for most of us is what is important and not the modern political PC angle, which these days appears to be the only history required to be learnt by our youth.

Brian

Corporal S G H Waller, Natal Mounted Rifles & Volunteer Composite Regiment 7 years 11 months ago #46560

• Rory
  • Thank you received: 2144
I can (partially) answer that question as I am infrequently in the Siege Museum Archives doing research.

Truth be told there is not much happening which in a way can be construed as a "good thing". Their exhibits haven't changed within living memory or certainly not for quite a number of years and, true to form, when I needed a photostat copy of a document I was told that the copier was "out of order" - the young lady let on to me later that they hadn't paid their copier bill for the month and were out of toner!!

Regards

Rory

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.375 seconds