Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Major Walter Karri-Davies, Imperial Light Horse / Jamison Raider 9 years 3 weeks ago #26414

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 717
A spectacular price, but well worth it! I am pleased that the medals are going back to Australia. Their history lies with South Africa and Australia, and I know which of the two countries can provide them with a safer and more appreciative home.

Brett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Major Walter Karri-Davies, Imperial Light Horse / Jamison Raider 9 years 3 weeks ago #26415

• SWB
  • Thank you received: 451
Hopefully at that price they have not gone to a dealer.
Researcher & Collector
The Register of the Anglo-Boer Wars 1899-1902
theangloboerwars.blogspot.co.uk/
www.facebook.com/boerwarregister

Major Walter Karri-Davies, Imperial Light Horse / Jamison Raider 9 years 3 weeks ago #26416

• coldstream
  • Thank you received: 214
Meurig,

Yes, I agree, lets hope its ended back in a family connection.

Paul :)

SWB wrote: Hopefully at that price they have not gone to a dealer.

"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

Major Walter Karri-Davies, Imperial Light Horse / Jamison Raider 9 years 3 weeks ago #26421

• Henk Loots
  • Thank you received: 443
Hi
I was the underbidder: quite confident that I would get it for $9-10k and adding 25% for luck. I am now rather pleased (financially speaking) I was not successful, although it would have been a great addition to my Jameson Raid collection.
Henk

Major Walter Karri-Davies, Imperial Light Horse / Jamison Raider 9 years 3 weeks ago #26423

• coldstream
  • Thank you received: 214
Henk,

"A bitter and sweet" outcome then.
Some spare cash to spend on more "treasure" then?

Regards
Paul :)

Henk Loots wrote: Hi
I was the underbidder: quite confident that I would get it for $9-10k and adding 25% for luck. I am now rather pleased (financially speaking) I was not successful, although it would have been a great addition to my Jameson Raid collection.
Henk

"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

Major Walter Karri-Davies, Imperial Light Horse / Jamison Raider 7 years 7 months ago #48699

• Timothy
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Dear Gail,

I am doing some research into the life of my grandfather, Walter Karri-Davies and came across this thread regarding his medals. I must tell you that these medals were stolen from my mother's ( his daughter's) house in London about 35/40 years ago along with other much treasured mementos from his time in the Boar War. I do still have his gold cuff links with the emblem and motto of the ILH enameled on them and a good number of papers.
I am certain the medals have been bought in totally good faith but I would love to buy them back for the family if the opportunity ever arises qnd would be grateful if you could pass this message on to the current owner.
Thank you.

Tim O'Rorke

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.532 seconds