Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Anglo-Boer War Veterans Association Enamel Lapel Badges. 10 years 10 months ago #12039

• Stephen Bayley
  • Thank you received: 32
I am lucky to have one, a bronze NZ Vets in the collection. Have you seen an example or evidence of one in gold?

TheBreaker02 wrote: These are some examples of veterans associations badges, which were formed after the war, which I thought might be interesting to see.

The Standard badge of the veterans association

This is an example of the Scottish branch of the veterans.

The City Imperial Volunteers Old Comrades Association.

This is an example of the Australian South Africa Soldiers Association

Another example of veterans association from Quebec, Canada

The New Zealand badge is in gold and was given to VIP'S and other important personalities, I have seen examples of the badge in bronze.

TheBreaker02

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anglo-Boer War Veterans Association Enamel Lapel Badges. 10 years 10 months ago #12060

• TheBreaker02
  • TheBreaker02's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello Stephen,

These veterans badges are all in my collection. The gold New Zealand badge were given to VIP's, I believe Sir Winston Churchill was given one.

In answer to Ryan's question about the Australian state badges, I have only seen one for Queensland, if you know of any others I would be very interested.

Best regards,

TheBreaker02
Live every day as if it were going to be your last; for one day you're sure to be right.

Anglo-Boer War Veterans Association Enamel Lapel Badges. 10 years 10 months ago #12064

• Stephen Bayley
  • Thank you received: 32

Thanks TB02,

OK so only the important people got the gold badge making them no doubt very rare, I suspect. Any idea how many were made in gold and were they 12 or 24?? Wonder what happened to Winstons badge? Fitting due to the fact he was roaming around in the conflict reporting on events there. No markings on these badges which tie them back to the person, that is unfortunate? I have a mere mortals bronze SAW Vets Badge.
Attachments:

Anglo-Boer War Veterans Association Enamel Lapel Badges. 10 years 10 months ago #12065

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1881
Good Morning Everyone.....

I re-read this forum and there was something that made me think..... It was the Quebec pin..... I guess the owner was not much of a royalist as the crown on the top is missing.....

Here is my pin..... Or I should say the pin in my collection.....

Mike

Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591
Attachments:

Anglo-Boer War Veterans Association Enamel Lapel Badges. 10 years 10 months ago #12066

• TheBreaker02
Thanks Mike,

I haven't seen this one with a crown, very interesting. They must have had at least 2 types of the badge.

Best regards,

TheBreaker02
Live every day as if it were going to be your last; for one day you're sure to be right.

Anglo-Boer War Veterans Association Enamel Lapel Badges. 10 years 10 months ago #12087

• TheBreaker02
In answer to Ryan's earlier question regarding other Australian veterans lapel badges, the only other one I have come across is for Queensland. Have you seen any lapel badges for the other stares.

Copy enclosed:

Best regards,

TheBreaker02

Attachments:

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.985 seconds