Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Second Contingent, Tropper 16th Squadron, Imperial Yeomanry (Gloucestershir 10 years 8 months ago #14029

• Goretti
  • Goretti's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you David, no I don´t have any idea of any dates, unfortunately I never knew my grandfather or any member of my father´s family until I started researching a few years ago after my dad passed away.
As my GF died in 1965 it would have to be before that year but according to the information below by Linney & Meury, it may never have taken place? I´m going to send all this new found information to my cousin and it may ring some bells and refresh his memories. I will be back with any new details I can get.

Once again thanka a million for all your help and kindness and all the great people on this site, it´s just unbelivable that in less than two days so much information had been dug up!

Kindest regards,
Maria

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Second Contingent, Tropper 16th Squadron, Imperial Yeomanry (Gloucestershir 10 years 8 months ago #14030

• Goretti
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Hi Mike,
This information is truly amazing, I will send it to my cousin and see if he ever heard of your grandfather.
I also hope to get a copy of the book you suggested.
Many thanks,
Maria

Second Contingent, Tropper 16th Squadron, Imperial Yeomanry (Gloucestershir 10 years 8 months ago #14031

• Goretti
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Thank you Linney for your suggestion, I will look it up at Find my Past just in case something comes up and if it does I will post it here, perhaps other users would be interested!

Kindest regards,
Maria

Second Contingent, Tropper 16th Squadron, Imperial Yeomanry (Gloucestershir 10 years 8 months ago #14032

• Goretti
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Thank you very much Meurig for all this info. I will take a look at British newspapers just in case something comes up.

Kind regards,

Maria

Second Contingent, Tropper 16th Squadron, Imperial Yeomanry (Gloucestershir 10 years 8 months ago #14052

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4559
Goretti,

I had a look through The Times from 1950 onwards for Boer War Veteran news stories and, while I found a couple of interesting articles which I posted separately, there was nothing about a garden party. It may still have happened but was not reported.

Best wishes
David
Dr David Biggins
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goretti

Second Contingent, Tropper 16th Squadron, Imperial Yeomanry (Gloucestershir 10 years 8 months ago #14060

• mikewalker
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello.
Here is the description of the Battle of Kleinfontein and a picture of the monument in South Africa.
Best wishes,
Mike
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goretti

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.654 seconds