Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: William Thomas Sterling MARK - SAC Chief Armourer - Journal 11 years 3 months ago #7632

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
So to be member of this illustrious organisation one does not have to actually be in the accepted sense of the word a "gentleman" then?

Perhaps they might let me in! :woohoo:

Brett Hendey wrote:
PS I have a very masculine friend, who also happens to be a true gentleman, and he shared your problem with the GMIC, so it wasn't your gender that kept you out of that illustrious organisation. It is more likely to have been the gremlins of the Internet and/or computers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: William Thomas Sterling MARK - SAC Chief Armourer - Journal 11 years 3 months ago #7634

• djb
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4541
Frank,

Joking aside, with your level of knowledge, willingness to help and contribute, I'm sure any forum would welcome you as a member and no doubt value you as highly as we do here.

Regards
David
Dr David Biggins

Re: William Thomas Sterling MARK - SAC Chief Armourer - Journal 11 years 3 months ago #7635

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 740
David

The medal naming is impressed as follows:
39 SUPT. W.T.S. MARK S.A.C.

Thank you for the compliment about the photograph. It was more the result of good luck than good management and the quality of the camera. Perhaps the fact that it is oppressively hot and humid here today had something to do with it! (I mention that only to take your mind off the snow, ice and freezing temperatures that you are experiencing.)

Frank

You might be surprised by some of the posts that are tolerated on the GMIC. Having written that I must add that memberships have been suspended for reasons that I do not know, so I try to be as gentlemanly as possible. David is right, you would be a boon to the GMIC as you would strengthen the British & Commonwealth sections, which have less support than the German ones. (Is this another sign of the times in Europe?)

Regards
Brett

Re: William Thomas Sterling MARK - SAC Chief Armourer - Journal 11 years 3 months ago #7640

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1883

djb wrote: Frank,

Joking aside, with your level of knowledge, willingness to help and contribute, I'm sure any forum would welcome you as a member and no doubt value you as highly as we do here.

Regards
David

Good Morning Frank.....

I concur with David..... Your addition to GMIC would be greatly appreciated..... There is also another forum that I like to read and check into occasionally.....

www.victorianwars.com/index.php

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

Re: William Thomas Sterling MARK - SAC Chief Armourer - Journal 11 years 3 months ago #7657

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Far too kind gentlemen. :blush:

David, I really do think, that this, is indeed,the best of the forums around today, I also think that a great many degenerate into a show case for a small number of collectors, rather than actually giving help to people who require information, they can become rather surreptitous places, which is really not what they should do.

Brett, Germans! in the GMIC? surely not! :(

Mike, Forums are similar to women, just too many forums, not enough time.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.398 seconds