Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

New member seeking help to identify Great Great Uncle 7 years 4 months ago #51171

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Okay, what you need to do is speak to those family members and ascertain where their information regarding service in the Anglo Boer War came from, there are very few possible candidates and you can certainly discount my suggestion of the gentleman in the Connaught Rangers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adamsmom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New member seeking help to identify Great Great Uncle 7 years 4 months ago #51172

• Adamsmom
  • Adamsmom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0

Frank Kelley wrote: Okay, what you need to do is speak to those family members and ascertain where their information regarding service in the Anglo Boer War came from, there are very few possible candidates and you can certainly discount my suggestion of the gentleman in the Connaught Rangers.

I am starting to think if he did fight - it was on the other side. I had no issues finding Martins war records from ww1.

Thanks for your help. My family members who were invited to the talk didnt go. I have contacted the people behind the talk so they may know more. Unfortunately he is away for a year from the university so he may take a while to contact me LOL

Anyway thanks again.

New member seeking help to identify Great Great Uncle 7 years 4 months ago #51173

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1884
This is what is found in Find-My-Past.......

Mike

First name(s) Thomas
Last name Glynn
Service number 1717
Rank Trooper
Regiment Imperial Light Horse
Literary references The National Archives The National Archives WO127. Nominal rolls colonial units. Nominal rolls colonial units
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

New member seeking help to identify Great Great Uncle 7 years 4 months ago #51174

• Frank Kelley
A careful look through WO126/55-65, in particular, in WO126/58, would be needed to discount him beyond reasonable doubt, I did think about that gentleman initially, notwithstanding, quite frankly, I would actually be very surprised indeed, if he was proven to be the Thomas Glynn in question.

New member seeking help to identify Great Great Uncle 7 years 4 months ago #51178

• Adamsmom
  • Adamsmom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0

QSAMIKE wrote: This is what is found in Find-My-Past.......

Mike

First name(s) Thomas
Last name Glynn
Service number 1717
Rank Trooper
Regiment Imperial Light Horse
Literary references The National Archives The National Archives WO127. Nominal rolls colonial units. Nominal rolls colonial units

I have findmypast.ie and I couldnt find him, Thank you so much. I need to go and look him up now. :-)

New member seeking help to identify Great Great Uncle 7 years 4 months ago #51179

• Frank Kelley
You will have to wait until the NA opens its doors tomorrow!:)
I'd be very surprised if this man proved to be the man you are looking for, any next of kin etc, shown on any surviving paper in WO126 would give you your proof.

I have findmypast.ie and I couldnt find him, Thank you so much. I need to go and look him up now. :-)[/quote]

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.453 seconds