Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New member researching 1596 Pte. Frances Joseph Chambers 8 years 9 months ago #41657

• jae3806
  • jae3806's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
No he died in 1930 aged 56

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New member researching 1596 Pte. Frances Joseph Chambers 8 years 9 months ago #41811

• jae3806
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Well , last week went to the National Archives Branch in Melbourne , which is situated in the Office of Public Records. Got to give the staff in the a definite ""High Five""
Couldn't ask for more helpful people. Ändrew" from the National archives section showed me where the Boer war micro fish were and how to use the viewer.
I hit paydirt with the nominal rolls information . (next of Kin, residential addresses etc). Then I went to the OPR Victoria section. I'm impressed...

New member researching 1596 Pte. Frances Joseph Chambers 8 years 9 months ago #41812

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1537
jae
Such information will be very useful for anyone researching a volunteer for one of the Victorian State contingents. Unfortunately, they don't turn up all that often; much like members of NSWales contingents. From what you have said, it would appear that a personal visit to the Victorian OPR is required to do research.
Regards
IL.

New member researching 1596 Pte. Frances Joseph Chambers 8 years 9 months ago #41813

• jae3806
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Certainly is , they have micro fish for all states not just the 5th from Victoria... :)

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.357 seconds