Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Researching my Grandfather, Philip Imre (de Kavanagh) Boulger 9 years 6 months ago #22279

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
LOL Mike,
Indeed, I'd be interested to see the naming on the KSA and the rivets on the QSA, but, notwithstanding still an interesting character, certainly as far as the Anglo Boer War went, I dare say he might well have wished to be somewhere else over the Christmas period of 1901! :(

QSAMIKE wrote: Good Afternoon Glen……

First let me say welcome.....

Can you please tell us what unit your Grandfather served in also is it possible to see a photo of the naming on the edge…..

The reason that I am asking is that the Queen’s South Africa Medal has 4 state bars (Cape Colony, Orange Free State Transvaal and Natal) and the two date bars and yet he also has the King’s South Africa Medal…..

Please see the following: angloboerwar.com/medals-and-awards/briti...s-south-africa-medal

As you can see that anyone with the Cape Colony Clasp should not have the Natal and vice-versa also if you have the Date clasps you should not have the King’s Medal and vice-versa as well…..

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Researching my Grandfather, Philip Imre (de Kavanagh) Boulger 9 years 6 months ago #22280

• Doug
  • Thank you received: 17
Glenn

It looks like he was in the Royal Army Service Corps in the first world war, his service papers are here discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C1095133

There is a Private P I Boulger in the 35th Co IY, who is entitled to the three state bars and the two date bars on the supplementary roll, but not the Natal bar or KSA, but it may not be him.

As the comments state, there may be some interesting findings once you have a look around the rim and see what rank, number and unit he served with, this would be far easier to help you with then.

Looking forward to seeing the story unfold............

Doug.
Doug Jenkins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.376 seconds