Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Transvaal Gun guards Sydney Harbour. 9 years 6 months ago #22786

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 714
Ian

Perhaps you and Stephen can arrange to have one of your meetings at the gun on a suitable Boer War anniversary date, and then invite the press to record a wreath-laying ceremony and a toast to Australia's contribution to the Boer War. This would draw attention to the gun and highlight its significance, as well as that of the Antipodean Chapter. There must be press people in Sydney who would jump at the chance of reporting something completely different.

It was disappointing to read that PC people are rearing their ugly heads in Australia. We expect that sort of thing in some other countries that I could name, but not Australia.

Regards
Brett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Transvaal Gun guards Sydney Harbour. 9 years 6 months ago #22788

• LinneyI
  • LinneyI's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1527
Brett
Something like the same thing had occurred to me some time ago - although not in the detail you have suggested. I really don't know who would have to be contacted. However, I have a meeting coming up with the Curator of Sydney Council regarding my photographing a memorial tablet in the Town Hall and posting it on this site. That might be a suitable opportunity to bring up the subject.
Regards
IL.

Transvaal Gun guards Sydney Harbour. 9 years 6 months ago #22789

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 714
Ian

I hope that the Curator of the Sydney Council was pleased that you posted a pic of a memorial tablet on this site and that you will be suitably rewarded for doing so.

Regards
Brett

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.336 seconds