• Page:

TOPIC:

Re: The Other Half? 11 years 2 months ago #7387

• Irish Brigade
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Sorry to rehash an old thread.

I would have no problem buying a broken group. I collect medals and badges ,the Dublin Fusiliers in particular,to Irish Regiments and they are hard to come across. I have also gotten a reunite QSA/KSA to the leinster Regiment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: The Other Half? 11 years 2 months ago #7394

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
I think with the passage of time, it is becoming harder to find and reunite broken pairs or groups, I have never actually bought a single medal knowing that it is from a pair or a group!
Having said that, I can understand why people do buy them, one did not receive a KSA for defending Kimberley for example.

Re: The Other Half? 11 years 2 months ago #7395

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1873
Good Morning Everyone.....

I must agree with both Irish and Frank.....

As a collector of QSA's I would love to purchase pairs and groups rather than a single but if offered a single either Q or KSA I may purchase it.....

I have a single QSA to a Canadian Regiment and his KSA to Canadian Scouts (which I would love to obtain) is in a local museum......

Also I have a verified single bar KSA and have been searching for the QSA for a number of years......

In all the years that I have been collecting I have been able to reunite about a dozen pairs.....

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

Re: The Other Half? 11 years 2 months ago #7402

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Mike,
A dozen pairs! :woohoo: you have done better than me, I don't have too much to look for, however I do have a really good Punjab to a Troop Sergt Major in the 14th Light Dragoons, but, I don't have his Indian Mutiny medal! :(
Regards Frank

QSAMIKE wrote: Good Morning Everyone.....

I must agree with both Irish and Frank.....

As a collector of QSA's I would love to purchase pairs and groups rather than a single but if offered a single either Q or KSA I may purchase it.....

I have a single QSA to a Canadian Regiment and his KSA to Canadian Scouts (which I would love to obtain) is in a local museum......

Also I have a verified single bar KSA and have been searching for the QSA for a number of years......

In all the years that I have been collecting I have been able to reunite about a dozen pairs.....

Mike

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.388 seconds