Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

5365 Pte John Devlin Royal Highlanders 9 years 2 months ago #24952

• nemesis
  • nemesis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 16
I have been looking for the four clasp QSA CC,OFS 01,02 to 5635 Pte J Devlin for a number of years now. The medal is a Regimental Re Issue as Devlin had disposed of his original, Devlin had a poor service record prior to rejoining the Army in the Great War. He became Batman to Major FMB Robertson.
He redeemed himself by winning the DCM at Rue du Bois in 1915 when he ,under fire rescued his Major who had been wounded ,Devlin himself was wounded in this rescue.
The QSA was with the group when it was sold in the Samson Collection but had been removed by a new owner ,no doubt as it gave the appearance of being re named.
Devlin's service number in the great war was 3-2770
Thanks for reading this
The following user(s) said Thank You: absentminded beggar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5365 Pte John Devlin Royal Highlanders 9 years 2 months ago #24976

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 716
Good luck with your search for Devlin's QSA. If it was seen as faulty by its previous owner, it may have ended up in the melting pot. This has certainly been the fate of many such medals in South Africa.

Regards
Brett

5365 Pte John Devlin Royal Highlanders 9 years 2 months ago #24979

• nemesis
  • nemesis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 16
Thanks for your input Brett,I have tracked the QSA down to a medal fair in England 20 years ago ish. I have been told by a current and well known dealer that the then owner,who was a dealer removed it from the group as he thought the QSA was a copy and could prevent the group selling,he may still have it or has sold it as a single ,or as you say it might be in the pot.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.341 seconds