• Page:

TOPIC:

Boer war sleeping bag 10 years 2 weeks ago #18427

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4500

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: fopen(http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&appid=DavidBig-ABW-PRD-5bff6a2ad-934180e3&siteid=3&responseencoding=JSON&ItemID=181338992220&version=889&trackingid=djb023&trackingpartnercode=9): failed to open stream: Connection refused. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Boer war sleeping bag 9 years 11 months ago #19508

• saxon
  • Thank you received: 19
Hello, I was the lucky bidder on this sleeping bag, I too had never seen one, only a type of rolled blanket attached to the kit on the back. I thought I would take a chance, on this, as the price was reasonable. I could have left it there, but decided to send an e mail to the seller in the hope that he knew a little of its history, and was amazed at the response. he sent me a long e mail about his family and the history behind it, which involved the Durban light infantry, the Randles firm,and even the Prince Imperial, so I was no doubt very pleased.

Boer war sleeping bag 9 years 11 months ago #19520

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4500
Saxon,

Thank you for following up on this thread. It sounds like you made a good investment here. It is great that you have the provenance and history behind the item too.

Best wishes
David
Dr David Biggins
The following user(s) said Thank You: saxon

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.587 seconds