Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Next meeting of the ABW Antipodean Chapter in Hobart. 7 years 11 months ago #46575

• LinneyI
  • LinneyI's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1541
Forum members
The informal meeting of the ABWAC was held as predicted at the Shipwright's Arms Hotel, Battery Point, Hobart on the evening of 4th May, 2016. Unfortunately, James and Co were not present; the sudden onset of some poor weather doubtless kept marsupials indoors. The stalwarts of the Forum were acknowledged and toasted in Cascade lager - and the evening meal was closely planned before discussion of matters QSA ensued. IL was highly impressed by Stephen's KIWI QSA bearing amongst others, a "Rhodesia" clasp. There was discussion regarding the recruitment policy of the NZ Government of the time (Stephen will be covering that aspect in a future post, he says) and also the variation in the unit naming styles on KIWI QSAs was mentioned.
The actual meal for each of the stalwarts present was a Tasmanian Porterhouse steak, accompanied in IL's case by a Cab Sav of Holm Oak (from West Tamar, Tas) - at least, he thinks it was. Immediately prior to leaving the hotel at c.8.30PM, a charming young lady with a lovely Irish lilt took the "photograph for the record" and Stephen and IL went their own ways.

Seeing Stephen's earlier pic of Mt.Wellington bathed in a pink hue, IL would also submit his vista of Mt.Wellington taken the day after (across the car park of Anglesea Barracks).

All in all, a most enjoyable meeting.
Regards to all
IL.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen Bayley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Next meeting of the ABW Antipodean Chapter in Hobart. 7 years 11 months ago #46579

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 740
IL & Stephen
Thank you for keeping non-members of your exclusive group informed about its proceedings. I am sure that there are many members of this forum who wished they could have been present at your latest meeting. I seem to remember that last year you also enlisted the aid of a charming young lady to lend assistance in the proceedings. That shows a touch of class!
Regards
Brett
The following user(s) said Thank You: LinneyI, Stephen Bayley

Next meeting of the ABW Antipodean Chapter in Hobart. 7 years 11 months ago #46582

• Stephen Bayley
  • Thank you received: 32
Thanks Ian, Appreciate you hearing out my Kiwi research on a couple of NZMR finds. Yes I did undertake to share for the broader members of the forum some of what I have discovered regarding the Kiwi involvement in the Boer War to date before the end of May. Look forward to the next Chapter catch up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LinneyI

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.660 seconds