• Page:

TOPIC:

Norwegians in the Anglo-Boer War 7 years 11 months ago #46485

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1536
This one was supposed to go as well....

IL.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Norwegians in the Anglo-Boer War 7 years 11 months ago #46494

• Baden Powell
  • Thank you received: 34
YES That's IT. I thought I had seen the pix somewhere. My print we personally ran off the original plates. It has the names etched on the image. So when my friend bought them in UK, they may have been scrap from the publishing house or ? Also back in 1973 I bought a box of color tinted large format photos of Generals and other sorts with "trim lines " marked and reverse ID. This was at Bermondsey Mkt with a flashlight. They were the Originals used for Celeberties of the Army. All except Baden Powell and Roberts. So,I slowly sold them off over the years. STUPID now. By the by, the other plans plates all were of native huts, scenes and just crushed glass, so to the bin.
Very happy to have generated the process here. How I would have liked to have the FORUM back in the dark ages. Oh I am not tech oriented, I was in college when a computer was bigger than a house and used punch cards. And that was available my last year. Solving is trial and error or as a last result, ask my wife.
Baden Powell

Norwegians in the Anglo-Boer War 7 years 11 months ago #46495

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1536
BP
The pic of the group of attaches always stuck in what passes for my mind because of the unusual and practical rain garment worn by the US attache. Far from being tech oriented, I stumbled on this site some years ago now - and it is really great. There are some remarkable items shown in the various topics and much research potential. Despite all today's technology, often "Solving is by Trial and Error".
Regards
IL.

Norwegians in the Anglo-Boer War 7 years 11 months ago #46496

• Brett Hendey
  • Brett Hendey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 717
IL
Thank you for stepping into the breach and confirming Baden Powell's memory. The 'Mr Fisher' in the group photograph is not the grey-bearded Abraham Fischer, adviser to President Steyn, first and only Prime Minister of the Orange River Colony, and member of General Botha's first cabinet of the Union of South Africa, who, incidentally also happened to be one of my wife's ancestors.
I have put aside my project on the Norwegians in the Boer War, but I plan to go back to them.
Regards
Brett

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.530 seconds