Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: GEORGE LENNOX, KITCHENER'S HORSE and FIELD INTELLIGENCE 11 years 6 months ago #5869

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1883
Great James.....

Anytime that you can put a picture to a man / medal it is a fantastic achievement.....

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: GEORGE LENNOX, KITCHENER'S HORSE and FIELD INTELLIGENCE 11 years 6 months ago #5970

• gordonlennox
  • gordonlennox's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Frank
Hope you are still there. Again thanks for the info which has been a great help but I am new to the rigours of finding my way in the dark abyss of archives. You mentioned that you had looked up WO10O/301 that is capital W, capital letter O, numeral 1, numeral 0 and capital letter O followed by /301 (numerals). I have been unable to find anything remotely relevant. Is the reference correct? I am looking for the full picture of his enlistment.
Kind regards
James

Re: GEORGE LENNOX, KITCHENER'S HORSE and FIELD INTELLIGENCE 11 years 6 months ago #5971

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
James
WO (War Office) 100/301 is the FID, QSA roll, which is also available on ancestry!
Regards Frank

Re: GEORGE LENNOX, KITCHENER'S HORSE and FIELD INTELLIGENCE 11 years 6 months ago #5973

• Frank Kelley
James,
You may find his Kitchener's Horse Attestation in WO126/83-88, this is not on ancestry and a search would be needed at Kew!
Regards Frank

Re: GEORGE LENNOX, KITCHENER'S HORSE and FIELD INTELLIGENCE 11 years 6 months ago #5987

• Frank Kelley
Good evening James,
Sorry to dash off, I was very much in the zone this afternoon, now then what exactly do you require in the way of information regarding your man?
I've already had to say sorry on here for assuming, quite wronglly and very unfairly that everyone on here speaks the same language, so they must know what I'm talking about, so I apologize to you for doing just that.

Look, I'll be quite clear with you on this, you don't need a PHD in 19th century history, a BA with honours or a diploma in archive and administration to do this, a complete monkey can do it!

Where abouts are you James, I will help you if I can.

Let me know, you can PM me anytime, the PM fuction is on the left, fourth box down, you select the user name from the drop down menu.

Regards Frank

Re: GEORGE LENNOX, KITCHENER'S HORSE and FIELD INTELLIGENCE 11 years 6 months ago #5996

• gordonlennox
  • gordonlennox's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Frank
I tried to use the PM function but could not find the drop down list of members so I typed your name in and hoped that it would get to you but obviously not. Obviously I am lower on the ladder than the monkeys!!

What I want is a full photo of the Nominal Roll with his name on the list which I cannot see and thus commented the record was not complete and the Medal Roll which is what you sent. It is only a partial image and I wanted the full page but I cannot get to the page with his medal Roll because the image is only an "extract". If you can get me a full square picture I will naturally be very grateful.
Regards\James

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.810 seconds