Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Ancestor - John Moore 7 years 10 months ago #46502

• capepolice
  • Thank you received: 427
Hello again TJ,

John Moore was married in 1913 not in Durban but in the Lower Tugela area of the Natal North Coast. This is very close to Stanger and Mandeni.

See Picture

Regards
Adrian
Part time researcher of the Cape Police and C.P.G Regiment.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ancestor - John Moore 7 years 10 months ago #46504

• Patty7
  • Patty7's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Many Thanks Adrian,

You have helped me a lot - his last will and death notice from the Pietermaritzburg archive I have retrieved from the online micro film.

REFERENCE 16885/1931.
FILM NOTE
Deceased estates, 1846-1950
No. 16832-16841 1931 No. 16836 1931 No. 16842-16910 1931
John's Last Will and Death Notice was microfilmed (record begins at 939 of 1400), but doesn't give an exact date on birth - just age and month.

Seems like he came from Dublin in 1878 but the marriage certificate says 1877 (the one you provided). He married the daughter of an English tea planter and a lutheran missionary woman from Oslo - Helene Kokkine Ashwell.

I want to trace his birth in Ireland - and there are a number of John Moore's - so an exact date would help. Thats why I thought of the Natal Police records for his date of birth.

Strangely enough I am based in Ireland now and would really like some help in KZN to trace this man.

I am named after John's son Terence who fell in Tobruk in 1942 - poor chap was only 21 when he died.

Best regards
TJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.367 seconds