Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Help please 8 years 7 months ago #42279

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Mark,
Well, they certainly used to be easy to get hold of, but, these days, sadly, perhaps rather less so.
Yes, indeed it does work both ways, I would never have even thought about a single QSA to that regiment and would have only ever wanted pairs to someone who was entitled to both medals.
I think the last ones that I do remember buying were about twenty or so years ago, to one of their farriers, I always like to think that the recipient might well have shoed "Alge's" horse!
Kind regards Frank

Mark Abbott wrote: Hello Frank,

That is the sort of information I was hoping for.

I am now on the lookout for a nice 7th Hussars pair; thank you for your advice; most welcome and greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Help please 8 years 7 months ago #42405

• Mark Abbott
  • Mark Abbott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
I have just purchased a group containing my second BSAC medal, this time to Hugh Massy Birch who received the medal with Mashonaland 1897 reverse, named to him as 451 Troopr. H. M. Birch BSA Police.

In WW1, he served as a Captain in East Africa. On the 8 January 1916 he was granted a temporary rank of Lieutenant in the Forces in East Africa at some stage being promoted to Captain. He relinquished his commission on completion of service with the East African Forces on 23 April 1918. He retained the rank of Lieutenant.. After the war, he continued to live and work in Kenya.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds