TOPIC:

Boer War - Extended Essay 9 years 5 months ago #23107

• JackBeard
  • JackBeard's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi there,

I'm planning on doing my extended essay for the IB programme on the Boer War as I have been really interested in it and would like to research in a greater amount of detail. For it you have to write 4000 words and you get to design your own question ands was wondering if you guys have any interesting research points; as at present I think my question is going to be 'how did the development of military tactics allow the British to win the war?' But wondering if there was any way of making it more of a specific question.
Not onlyy this but sources of information I have 'The Boer War' by Field Marshal Lord Carver, 'Khaki and Gown' by Field Marshal Lord Birdwood then two smaller novels about Winston Churchill and the Boer war in general. Was wondering if you guys know any other good sources of information that I could use for this essay

Your help would be greatly appreciated and would not forget to reference you guys in my sources thank you very much,

Jack Beard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Boer War - Extended Essay 9 years 5 months ago #23142

• saxon
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi Jack, I think adopting some of the Boer tactics, ourselves was a very good lesson, as Churchill said " Quote " What men they were, these Boers! Thousands of independent riflemen, thinking for themselves, possessed of beautiful weapons, led with skill, living as they rode with ought commissariat or transport or ammunition column moving like the wind. I think to a certain degree adopting and understanding, some of these tactics, and how they operated helped, and of course our need for more mobility ourselves. By the way The Great Boer War by A Conan Doyle is a very good book. regards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackBeard

Boer War - Extended Essay 9 years 5 months ago #23169

• JackBeard
  • JackBeard's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you very much really like the quote your input is really helping to shape my question and looking forward to writing this essay.

Regards,
Jack

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.368 seconds